The church calendar is already filling up. Champing starts again on 31st March with bookings until October already!! Here are just some of the events being planned for this year.
- Saffron Walden U3A have a planned visit in April and also Friends of Essex churches are booked in for a visit in May
- Stansted 1st Scouts have a renewal of promise service on Sunday 23rd April at 2pm. Why not join us to support our local scouts. Refreshments available too.
- Open Sunday on the first Sunday of the month resumes in May. Do come along for a chat and a cuppa. I look forward to seeing you all 2-5pm
- The bells at St Mary’s will be rung on Friday 5th May in celebration of our King’s coronation. Ringing 3-3.45pm. Thank you to Edmund and the band of ringers.
- Thisismytheatre is returning on 27th May at 3pm. A date for your diary!! The Wind in the Willows
Tickets available from www.thisismytheatre.com
Or by phone. 07732 253311 Costs, £15 adults. £10 under 16’s. Under 4’s free.
Concessions for CCT friends.
Written by Kenneth Grahame, a magical tale brought to life right here in church. Ticket sales help with the cost of the upkeep of St Mary’s.
- Saturday July 8th at 6.30 – 8.30pm, Blue Skies Big Band brings a selection of music to entertain us.
- Sunday July 9th at 3pm. “The Other Band”. An afternoon of music.
- Saturday July 15th at 4pm Evensong with the Pheon singers. Back by popular demand! The singers love the acoustics in our beautiful church and we simply love to hear them too!! A definite note for your diary.
- Sunday September 10th at 3pm. A concert on a summer’s afternoon, performed by Nancy May. Tickets are £10.00 and available from Goldings on Chapel Hill. Cash only. Nancy is a soprano and classical crossover artist.
- St Mary’s AGM, Sunday 21st May, 11am in the church. All are welcome.
We look forward to welcoming you all to St Mary’s in 2023.